*Profile


My Name is Hanlly
-This is my taperecorder!- -Yeah, talk like that so when you are 18 and you listen to this you can hear what a brat you were!-

Archivos

CoolBlogs


  • DFlavor
  • Pink Spot
  • This Life in Austin
  • Chilangabacha
  • Dreamer Ed
  • Angel
  • LeTron
  • LaPola
  • Valeria
  • Topo
  • Julia Fuentez
  • DollLegs
  • ThatAustinGirl
  • Rob
  • Lewis and Clark League
  • Loserkids
  • Hurley
  • CoolSites


  • Raul
  • BangbuStore
  • FredFlare
  • The New York Times
  • Goveg
  • Michael Photo
  • Other Media


    Youtube Accent Flickr

    APictureADay


  • Taking 1 pic each day
  • FollowMe


  • FollowBlog
  • Sep 16, 2008

    :La dispute

    Mi primer ensayo! Lo tuve que leer a 6 gringillos y mucho que les agrado!! Y me corrigieron algunas cosillas pero nada grave. Luego escribire mas, me dejan leer mucho y hacer mucha tarea por eso :P!
    Los extranio :D
    Worm Shaped

    Teachers always love to make schoolwork challenging, or at least that is what my 8th grade teacher did. Our final grade consisted of creating a theatre play of any theme we wanted. My team decided to make a spooky story that would take place in the woods, so we needed a big scenery and one of the girls agreed to use her grandmother’s house to work on it.

    The house was huge, almost the size of a mansion with three floors and a gigantic yard covered with different types of flowers. In the very center was a ten foot high palm tree. Her grandma’s big house was made of cement on the outside but most of the interior was covered with cedar wood and brilliant wallpapers patterned with geometric figures, just like in the 70’s. It had a lot of doors that linking each room with another, that gave the impression of an even bigger house.

    Everything seemed to have a slight layer of dirt and even though the furniture was really fancy, it looked worn-out. The whole place was imbued with a rancid smell that reminded me of old library books in combination with moisture and vitamins. It could have been a very beautiful house some years ago but now it looked sloppy. At the right of the entrance, was a marble staircase that led directly to a pink room full of rows of clothes, shoes, and random accessories including wigs. It was all very extravagant and vintage.

    We explored the house until every single corner of it was visited and after that we started working on our assignment. Outside of the house, we have just started doodling on what would be our scenery, when my friend suggested we go check out the rooftop, I was the one that took the initiative, seconds later I found myself climbing the stairs that would lead me not to the roof, but the inside of the house. At the very top I walked a few steps and found a little glass dome, I was thinking about jumping over it, but maybe I would not be able to reach the other side, so I barely put a foot on it just to see how resistant it was. Immediately the glass broke and I remember seeing wood staircases several feet under me, I was holding with a leg and both hands of what was the edge of the dome. Seconds later I heard my friend shouting desperately,
    “Hanlly just fell down the roof!”

    I can't imagine what went through their minds when they heard this, they must have thought I was lying on the yard bleeding, or with a broken arm at least. Some friends surrounded me with a horrorified expression but no words came out of their mouths. Inside the house under me, my other friends claimed it was safer to let go. I looked down and to my surprise the distance between my sneakers and the floor mat was about six feet, nothing shocking.

    They lifted me up and I removed the glasses left on my clothes and hair. As weirdly as it sounds, I was smiling since the moment they found me hanging on the roof trying to save my life, it must have been a nervous smile because to be honest, I was extremely frightened.

    After a while we all calmed down and sat down to discuss how we were going to explain the broken glass along with the constant leaking of blood in my arm. We end up saying it was all because of throwing a sneaker to the air, a not so convincing excuse.

    Now, not only do I remember that day because of my imaginary encounter with the death but because I was left with a popular scar that people always like to ask about. It attracts attention because it has the shape of a little worm.
    Hanlly

    /b a c k. t o. t o p

    posted at 7:40 PM


    2 Comments:

    Blogger Ángel Ramos said...

    Actualizaste un chorro..jaja
    luego prometo leer con calama tu ensayo y comentarte en todas las antradas. te ves guapetona en una de las fotos del festival ;)
    por cierto eres muy buena fotografiadora :)

    21.10.08  
    Blogger Ángel Ramos said...

    Actualizaste un chorro..jaja
    luego prometo leer con calama tu ensayo y comentarte en todas las antradas. te ves guapetona en una de las fotos del festival ;)
    por cierto eres muy buena fotografiadora :)

    21.10.08  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home